CTF Illinois operates 34 Community Integrated Living Arrangement or CILAs and many more programs at our various locations throughout the State of Illinois. Each home and its residents have specific needs, many of which are not covered by reimbursement from the state. Our residents are very low income and have limited funds to pay for personal items and activities such as clothing, movie rentals, dining out, and field trips to parks and local attractions. Operating the CILAs, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, is expensive and only partially funded by Illinois' reimbursement rates. We have an ongoing need for assistance with major purchases such as appliances, flooring, furniture, therapeutic equipment, and for major remodeling projects, as needed. With support from individual donors like you, and from corporate contributions and grants, CTF Illinois is able to provide these items, which dramatically improve the quality of life for our residents. We need your help to provide these little extras that enrich the lives of our residents and increase their level of comfort. We do ask that when you do purchase the items that they be new. We also appreciate gift cards and cash donations for any specific items. Please note that 100% of all designated donations go directly to that item or program. Here is our Wish List:
- Garden supplies: soil, seeds, planting boxes
- Gift cards to Grocery stores, Target and Walmart
- Gift Certificates to restaurants and shops
- Gift Certificates to hair and nail salons
- Educational software for PCs
- Books; Art Supplies; Puzzles; Board games
- Movie passes to movie theaters
- DVD/Blu-Ray players; iPods, CD/MP3 players with radio; headphones
- CDs; Blu-ray and/or DVD movies
- Gaming systems such as Wii, Playstations, etc.
- Shade tarps
- Beach chairs
- Sporting equipment: Baseballs, Mitts, soccer balls, basketballs
Large Items: Furniture, Electrical and Appliances, Flooring, and Outdoor Equipment. We can no longer accept used furniture and appliances. Again, these items must be purchased new. We are also always seeking donations and/or funds so that the following items can be purchased or installed in one of our CILAs:
- Sturdy patio furniture (no glass please)
- Gas barbeque grills
- Flat screen TVs
Please contact us at (708)429-1260 for more information about the various wish list items.
Looking for a way to help out a specific home? Check out Honored Society, a home sponsorship program from Community Services Foundation, that matches you with one of our homes!