Volunteers are integral to our organization. Remember that now more than ever, by volunteering and giving the gift of your time, you are playing an important role in the life of an individual with disabilities. During your visits with us, no matter how short the time spent, you will have made a difference in another person's life. You are giving the most precious gift you can give – yourself. In order to ensure a high caliber of volunteers, CTF utilizes our personnel policy for screening. The policy also provides orientation along with training on policies and confidentiality. All volunteers are required to follow CTF's mission statement, code of ethics, policies, and procedures of its programs. Below you will find a list of volunteer opportunities that are typically available.
- Teaching an art and crafts activity
- Leading an exercise class
- Assisting with gardening/horticultural projects
- Tutoring in academic skill areas
- Assisting with cooking projects
- Helping people write letters
- Reading to people
- Teaching music
- Teaching someone to use the computer
- Showing someone how to use a camera
- Coaching job related skills-sharing job information
- Accompanying people and staff on field trips to museums, plays, ball games, etc.
- Assisting with Children's Groups of Early Intervention and The Autism Program
For more information on volunteering, please contact our HR Department at email@example.com.