Volunteers are integral to our organization. Remember that now more than ever…by volunteering and giving the gift of your time, you are playing an important role in the life of an individual with disabilities.
During your visits with us, no matter how short the time spent, you will have made a difference in another person's life. You are giving the most precious gift you can give – yourself.
In order to ensure a high caliber of volunteers, CTF Illinois utilizes our personnel policy for screening. The policy also provides orientation along with training on policies and confidentiality. All volunteers are required to follow CTF Illinois' mission statement, code of ethics, policies, and procedures of its programs.
Below you will find a list of volunteer opportunities that are typically available.
- Teaching an art and crafts activity
- Leading an exercise class
- Assisting with gardening/horticultural projects
- Tutoring clients in academic skill areas
- Assisting with cooking projects
- Helping clients write letters
- Reading to clients
- Teaching music
- Teaching a client to use the computer
- Showing a client how to use a camera
- Coaching job related skills-sharing job information
- Accompanying clients and staff on field trips to museums, plays, ball games, etc.
- Assisting with Children's Groups of Early Intervention and The Autism Program
For more information on volunteering, please contact Kathie Scott, HR Director at 217-348-3869 x.230 or email her at email@example.com.