CTF is an Illinois-based not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering individuals with developmental disabilities through services and programs that help them reach their potential in an environment that fosters respect, dignity, and success for each individual.
Charleston Transitional Facility operates on the following principles:
- Each person who enters our program comes to us with unique characteristics, needs, and desires.
- Each person who enters our program will have individualized goals and objectives established for his or her unique needs.
- Each individual deserves an individual-centered approach to learning.
- Our programs direct the individual on a path towards greater independence.
- Our expectations are high for our clients' developmental success, community integration, and quality of life.
- Our clients are the center and the purpose of our organization, and their quality of life is our highest concern.
Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS)
CTF is funded in part by and annually accredited by the Illinois Department of Human Services.
Illinois Association of Rehabilitation Facilities (IARF)
CTF is an involved member of IARF, which is Illinois' trade association for community-based rehabilitation agencies. CTF is proud to be IARF's 2003 Member of the Year. IARF makes resources available to member agencies to ensure that community support systems are in place and that people with disabilities receive high quality services that meet their needs.
IARF also represents rehabilitation human service organizations to the Illinois government and advocates for the needs of these agencies and the rights of people served by the agencies.
United Way of Coles County
CTF became a United Way agency during the United Way's 2004-2005 campaign year. Applicants for United Way funding must complete a rigorous qualification process, and being approved is an indication of CTF's commitment to community-based services and supports that improve quality of life for community members. In addition, many CTF employees donate to the United Way through voluntary payroll deductions.
Local Chambers of Commerce
CTF is an active member in several Illinois Chambers of Commerce in communities where CTF operates day programs or residential homes. CTF's chamber memberships include: